Product Ranges : The Profiles Range Equivation EquiXTREME
WEBSITES : www.animalbrackets.co.uk www.easisoak.com www.equivation.com
IN BRIEF AND PLAIN ENGLISH. ( The full policy follows)
We treat the security of your data seriously. We collect and process the minimum data needed to be able to fulfil your orders and send you occasional marketing and special offers (usually once per year). We do not sell your data to anyone, but we may have to provide it to couriers and delivery companies etc. We do not collect or process any sensitive data. You can ask us at any time to stop processing your data by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01825 840022.
Bretvents Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy applies when you visit us online, speak to us by telephone or face to face, email us or communicate with us in other way. If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01825 840022.
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please tell us if your details change by emailing us at email@example.com
The Data Controller is Bretvents Ltd, Bradfords Farm, Bradfords Lane, Little Horsted, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 5QP
Lawful Basis - Legitimate Interests (this is the basis under which we will process your Data as described in this policy).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you Give Us
You may give us information about you by using our websites, to browse for products, make purchases, and by using our contact forms, also by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. You may also give us information when we meet you face to face. You may also give us information when you interact with us via social media, when you enter one of our competitions or take part in a promotion or survey, sign up for our mailing list or to receive email offers, log a query through our Customer contact, place a customer review on our site or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, images, details of the products you are interested in and other content which you choose to upload such as product reviews, and comments.
How we will use this information you Give Us
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- Occasionally contact you for research purposes as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our service;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Contact you directly, for the purposes of marketing described in more detail below. We will only do so in accordance with applicable law.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Marketing and how we may Contact You
We use the information that we have about you in our marketing. Any use of your information for marketing will be both in our legitimate interests and yours.
You have a right to object at any time to this use of your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you have previously requested information from us or if you have previously purchased from us, we may use your information to contact you about products that you have purchased, or to tell you about new products or special offers available from time to time, or to send you a copy of our catalogue. Our marketing communications may be provided to you by email, SMS, post or such other means as we choose.
If you wish to be removed from our contact list, you should email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 01825 840022
If you tell us that you do not want to receive any further marketing information from us, we will not contact you for the purpose of marketing. However, we may need to retain your information for other non-marketing purposes such as where we need your information for compliance with our legal obligations or for the purpose of fulfilling our contract with you.
We will not share your information with any third party unless legally required to do so or it is necessary for the completion of our contractual obligations, for example third party payment providers such as Sagepay or Worldpay.
Information we collect About You
With regard your visits to one of our websites, we may collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we will use the information we collect About You:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
How long will we retain Your Data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Examples of the types of companies include; deliveries, security, fraud protection, IT support and audit. Each of these external companies has a contract with us which confirms how they handle your information and is restricted so that they can only use this information to provide services to Bretvents Limited and to you and not for any other reason.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site to improve your customer journey. These third parties only use your information in line with our instructions and do not disclose it or use it for any other purposes
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK.
The Security of Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, any information recorded in a physical format (paper) will be stored securely in our offices at Bradfords Farm. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We use a third party payment provider on our Websites (Sagepay and Worldpay) these providers handle the financial side of any transaction on our sites and therefore we do not either handle or store any card details from these transactions. Where a transaction takes place either face to face or by telephone all card details are stored in a locked facility and all CSV codes are destroyed immediately the transaction is processed.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact us, we will be happy to assist. Please be advised that we will not charge you for this service, but our security procedures mean that we will have to request proof of identity before we disclose information to you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Bretvents Ltd Bradfords Farm Bradfords Lane Uckfield TN22 5QP
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues ( www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.